Go for Green Computing and save environment
Green computing means efficient use of resources in computing. Green technology is one of the best solution to create an environmentally friendly user environment. Green Computing smartly uses all electronic resources and integrating conservation into every task.
The fast-moving pace of technology is good news for gadget lovers, but not such good news for the environment. As the use electronic products is increasing day by day, the electronic scrap containing toxic chemicals which cannot be disposed off safely is also increasing. Green Computing is a solution for this growing concern.
How to do Green Computing
- Switching off the monitor when it's not being used. Despite the debate over whether it's better for your computer to be left on or shut off, the fact is it's better for the environment to shut it off.
- By using new energy saving LCDs instead of traditional CRT monitors.
- By using new energy saving and efficient cooling systems (like liquid computer cooling systems in place of old heat sinks.
- Temperature maintenance and regulation to reduce thermal shock wear and tear to computer parts.
- Increased online security measures through the use of firewalls, anti spyware and anti virus software to reduce the ever increasing levels of e-waste on the net.
- Instead of spending more time on computers in office, consider reducing the computer time in your office. This will improve cathode ray tube screen visibility syndrome as well as it will save more energy.
- Individual Green Computing involves power management by individual users. It also involves cutting off power supply to peripherals like scanners and printers.
- Buy Energy Star labeled monitors, desktop, laptops, and printers . The "Energy Star" devices can be programmed to "power-down" to a low power state when they are not being used, helping you save energy and run cooler which helps them last even longer.
- Buy the new "Smart Strip" power strip. The Smart Strip actually senses how much power your computer devices use and when Smart Strip senses that you have switched off, it automatically shuts off your peripherals.
- Put laptops in "sleep" mode when not being used. The EPA has estimated that this reduces their energy use by 60 to 70 percent.
- Green Computing also involves disposal of old hardware responsibly. Consumer electronic devices contain toxic materials which can seep into the ground if not dumped properly.
- Save environment for the future generation.
- Increase in Bottomlines and reduction in Expenses
- Reduction in Capital Expenses of the firm.
- Positive impact on the Health of Employees in the longer run.
- Virtualization: The way to Green Computing.
Virtualization: The way to Green Computing
Computer Virtualization means abstraction of computer resources, such as the process of running two or more logical computer systems on one set of physical hardware. Through Virtualization, a system administrator can combine several physical systems into virtual machines on one single, powerful system, thereby reducing power and cooling consumption. In the longer run, more profits and less expenses.
Reducing the number of hardware components and replacing them with Green Computing systems reduces energy costs for running hardware and cooling as well as reducing carbon dioxide emissions and conserving energy.
Green Computing is the ultimate thing in the next generation of computers. Go Green Computing and contribute your share in saving environment.
No related posts.